Monday, September 27, 2010

Here is my weekend

So this weekend, one of my friends and I drove five fun filled hours across the glorious state of Iowa on Friday night. We did this to find ourselves in Coralville/Iowa City. Now of course for lodgings we wanted the best of the best, and boy did we get it at the Motel 6! Glorious lodgings indeed! I hope that you all know me enough to sense the sarcasm I was trying to infer there, but instead have stated in an obvious fashion right now: I am being sarcastic. I was scared for my life and the life I lead that is currently free of bed bugs. It was gross and smelled like smoke and old air freshener. Being the smarty pants that I am, I checked for the little ucky beasts and did not find any. I feel as if I survived an episode of Fear Factor by staying the night. I might have developed a respiratory infection, but I won the satisfaction of Motel 6 fear factor survival, and that is surely enough to make my life worth living.

Next, we left the glorious 6 for the standard breakfast, a little light shopping and the Hawkeye game. Whilst attending the Hawkeye game, the heavens opened up and rain, oh rain came pouring down! We only made it to half time. Then we decided to kick it out of there. We abandoned football for shopping. A great decision that resulted in a very discounted Coach purse for me. Since my clothes were soaking wet, I changed at a truck stop. I felt like a truck stop hooker. I had tall boots and a dress to change into. It was awkward. No offers were made, rest assured. I'll always keep it classy in Iowa.

Here's hoping for a bed bug free world...it's possible America.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keeping it classy, Dekat, as always.