Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where's my life jacket!?!?!

WOAH Party People! Hold up. Stop wait a minute. I need to take a moment to point out that I have some bad luck. Seriously, I have some bad luck. Last week was a trying time in the life and times of Mara D. I feel like Mr. Universe was all, "Hey Mara!" And I was like, "What Mr. Universe?" And he was like, "Suck it." And I was like, "Huh?" And then last week, I understood.

Let me further the narrative with some details. Monday was already a trying day for me. But it was capped off by the basement flooding. Now I should point out for those of you that don't know that I live in the basement. Dun Dun Dun. Yes dear readers and aforementioned party people, my bedroom was sopping. I could have used a dingy (get your mind out of the gutter...I mean the boat!) to swim through my room. Well this last part is for comedic value. It was bad, but the water wasn't standing in my room. Perhaps more water poured from my own eyes than was on the floor. I had already mentioned it was a rough day. I cried and cried and cried...and then just to see if I could, I cried some more. Well, though some guidance and assistance from a stranger, (seriously, I don't know the guy who helped shop vac my room) we pulled up the carpet and let it dry.

This leads me to Friday. Imagine a beautiful brisk spring morning and a Friday on top of that. What could go wrong? While I am beautifying myself for work, I hear, "DING DING DING DONG DONG DONG." (Maybe not in that order.) I go to the door with wet hair and definitely no make up. And there is a small man at my door. He was there to lay new carpet padding and put the dry carpet back down. While walking down my stairs I smell gas...yep gas. The water heater had broken, leaked and taken the pilot light out with it. What a cruel way to go! SO natural gas is leaking into my house and the carpet guy is in my room, and I am not ready for work. So what did I do? I put on make up, told my roomies and bailed on the situation. Bam. That's how I roll. Well not really how I would have liked to handle the situation, but what do you do? Get to steppin.

Anyway, Cest la Vie.

Here's hoping there are not any other natural home disasters heading my way. I ran out of lifelines on this last one.

No comments: